On this Thanksgiving Eve,
1. I bought pants.
2. I have a tragedy hangover.
3. I appreciate the words of a friend about Thanksgiving being a time to rest from the chaos of the world.
4. I was sad to see that B. Smith of the famous Washington D.C. restaurant is missing and has Alzheimer’s. She is beautiful and successful and lost.
5. I asked my friend Christina how to make her wild rice casserole and was relieved to hear mushroom soup was involved. This makes putting it together more like reflex than actual paying-attention cooking.
6. The onset of the holidays brings about an irresistible urge to travel to places where small huts accommodate only two people.
7. We would all do better with SNL reruns from the 70’s than the dreck that passes for comedy now.
8. I love rough Wisconsin weather especially on Thanksgiving. Nothing better than a snowy, sleety walk and coming home to a roasting turkey.
9. The Serenity Prayer is tacked to the wall above my desk. I took a picture of it today and posted it on Facebook saying that I double down on the SP during the holidays and I do.
10. There’s an amazing amount of crazy shit in the world that we can’t do anything about but there’s also a lot of crazy shit that can be fixed. Let’s be thankful for that.
That’s my list today. Distilled thinking at its finest.