Here are my ten thoughts about the world today.
1. Sometimes I miss carrying people but it’s nice to swing my arms when I walk and have no worries.
2. I had lost touch with how intensely self-conscious my Nicaraguan children sometimes were in places we went as a white family but I am remembering it now and wish I’d really understood what I was seeing when I was seeing it.
3. If there is a God, I think he or she frequently gives people more than they can handle but they survive mostly because they decide to focus on what’s going to happen in the next five minutes.
4. I will never fully understand the concept of forgiveness although I do understand reaching a point of letting go of one’s rage before it becomes lethal.
5. Martin Niemoller’s caution still rings true even though we like to see it as…
View original post 242 more words