What one thing am I good at? Why stop at one thing? I can think of twenty things I’m good at.
I’m good at…
- Writing things fast.
- Making decisions with lifelong consequences in minutes.
- Convincing people to drive down dirt roads.
- Signing up for events and classes I never attend.
- Imagining myself as an extremely tall person.
- Pretending to hear people.
- Cooking things with Campbell’s soup.
- Mentoring younger colleagues.
- Knowing what I think.
- Being loyal to deserving pieces of clothing.
- Driving my convertible at 70 mph on the freeway past semi-trucks.
- Knowing how to be stupid without being ignorant.
- Keeping my rage at white men’s supremacy in the United States under control.
- Encouraging other people to buy expensive things that will make them happy.
- Going back to the same places to see the light I loved the first time.
- Finding reasons to leave things early.
- Being alone and on foot…
View original post 115 more words